School Reopening Plan 2020-21
We would like to thank our parents for your support as we work through the challenges of COVID-19. We were pleased to welcome students back for a new school year beginning in August!
The safety of our students, staff and families is our top priority and our return to school decisions are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, Indiana State Department of Health and the Indiana Department of Education. We will follow our published calendar available on our website. We will do everything within our ability to provide your child with an enriching, fun-filled school experience. We will make the following procedures as seamless as possible and incorporate them into a normal day of preschool.
CLASSES HAVE RESUMED SINCE MONDAY, AUGUST 10.
We will be:
- Training all staff on symptoms and screening measures for illnesses.
- Training staff and students on COVID-19 safety measures. (Wash hands, cover coughs, try not to touch your face, and stay home if ill.)
- Enhancing student hygiene practices and requiring hand washing throughout the day. Hand-washing stations will be available in every classroom, as well as hand sanitizers.
- Enhancing building cleaning procedures. High touch areas will be cleaned throughout the day and a deep sanitizing will be done nightly of the entire school.
- Implementing curbside drop off and pick up of all students. Drop off locations and times will be staggered for traffic control. If parents of children 2 yrs. old and under need to bring their child in, they must wait until 9:15 am and enter the school door #5 with a mask on.
- Restricting visitors and volunteers. Parents who must enter the school will be limited to the main office and must wear a mask. Volunteers will not be scheduled until further notice.
- Classes will be encouraged to have activities outside, weather permitting. Playground use will be monitored and interaction between multiple classrooms will be discouraged.
- Closing of water fountains and providing water in disposable cups.
- Maximizing facility space to enhance physical distancing and limit interaction with other classrooms.
- Requiring students and staff to stay at home when ill.
- Students with temperatures of 100.4 will be sent home. Students and staff must be fever-free for 72 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- If there is a positive COVID-19 case the individual will be quarantined for 14 days before returning to school. Further steps for the school and contract tracing will be conducted by the Hendricks County Health Department.
- Masks for students are not mandatory but are optional. Staff will wear masks/or shields during drop off and pick up of students.
- Each student will have their own school supplies stored in a pencil pouch and not shared with others. Students will also have cubbies to store backpacks.
- Snacks (for toddlers, 2’s and enrichment classes) will be provided by the parents. You will provide an individual snack for your child each day instead of someone bringing snacks for the entire class.
All procedures are subject to change and will change as needed as the Covid-19 situation continues to evolve.
- We will be enhancing our communication with families and will continue to email updates.
- We will not be able to hold our traditional Open House due to the large number of people.
- We will send out our plan in the next several weeks providing back to school information and directions.
We look forward to having the children back at school! Please contact us if your situation has changed and you will not be sending your child to Calvary Learning Academy this school year.