For more information or to apply for any of the employment opportunities, please contact our Office Assistant, Lisa Stiers by email, with your Letter of Interest Resumé.
HOURS: 20 hrs. per week M-F / flexibility in hours; occasional need to work Saturday or Sunday as instructed
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
The facilities manager’s overall responsibility is to ensure the successful operation, function,
maintenance, security and overall appearance of the church’s building and grounds aligning with
the church’s strategic direction and mission.
Specifically, the facilities manager is responsible for:
BUILDING OPERATIONS AND FUNCTIONALITY
- the successful operation and function of the church’s building and grounds in
support of its strategic direction and mission;
MAINTENANCE OF BUILDING APPEARANCE AND ENVIRONMENT
- all building systems are maintained, creating a safe and secure environment, and
that the building’s appearance reflects the care we take in presenting all aspects of
the church’s ministries and programs;
MAINTENANCE OF BUILDING SYSTEMS
- completing or overseeing maintenance of all building systems, including but not
limited to: plumbing, electrical, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning),
security, telecommunications, sound, lighting, fire safety, and lawn care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities have been determined to be essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Follows processes and procedures set forth by The Trustees in all aspects of facility
maintenance and management.
- Monitor and maintain building systems, including, but not limited to: HVAC (heating,
ventilation, air conditioning), plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Perform minor painting, carpentry, and drywall work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using
a brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes; hang doors; fitting locks
and similar devices.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on a regular and as-needed basis, to reduce
excessive wear and tear and system failures.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with outside vendors, subcontractors,
staff, and parishioners.
- Coordinate maintenance of lawn equipment and church-owned vehicles.
- Schedule outside vendors, when necessary, to meet on-site, review failures, request
estimates, and oversee repairs, as well as monitoring and submitting billings for payment.
- Assist in the setup and take down of chairs and tables in the Fellowship Hall, and other
rooms, to accommodate regularly scheduled meetings, ministries, or activities and special
- Perform and coordinate snow removal and lawn care, as needed.
- Meet and accept deliveries; escort vendors to the appropriate room to unload bulk items.
- Inspect facilities and grounds on a weekly, monthly and annual basis, documenting
deficiencies and/or issues.
- Communicate regularly with the chairperson of the Board of Trustees, and staff, to
coordinate schedules, and assure readiness of the facility for all activities.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Board of Trustees, outlining
upcoming work; recently completed tasks; facility and system issues; and making
recommendations for improvements or repairs.
- Serve as a staff liaison to the Board of Trustees, and attend monthly meetings and special
meetings of the Board.
- Coordinate quarterly “all church” workdays, and complete tasks assigned by the Board of
- Monitors and maintains facilities to ensure adequate lighting at all times.
Performs all other duties, tasks and initiatives contributing to the success of the church as
assigned by the Board of Trustees and/or pastoral staff.
The Facilities Manager must meet these minimum qualifications to successfully fulfill the
essential responsibilities and accountabilities of the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in building operations, engineering, equipment and/or
systems maintenance preferred
- Meet Indiana driving requirements with a valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Work with minimal supervision
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact well with others and
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills to convey
information clearly for all persons to understand in meetings and written reports
- Assess and organize priorities with high level of organizational skills, attention to
detail with excellent follow-through
- Adept at multitasking and identify urgent issues, etc. to ensure accuracy and
completion of tasks per schedule and timely
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Read, analyze and interpret invoices, forms, government regulations and complex
- Compute the reasonableness of outside quotes etc. to ensure fair market price for
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, there may be consideration given to
making reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the position except in the circumstances where it is proven an undue
hardship upon the church.
The Facilities Manager must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. with Personal Protective Equipment
adhering to safety standards at all times. In addition, this position must be able to walk, stand,
maintain balance, climb ladders, crouch, lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 lbs., as well, as bending,
stooping, and reaching above shoulder level. The tasks for this position require the ability to be
standing etc. with limited time sedentary.
All employees must be able to maintain composure in emergency and stressful situations keeping
emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult
situations. All employees must be of high integrity, ethics, and character and be dependable and
reliable. The work setting includes both outside and inside environment.
EQUIPMENT/TOOLS TO BE USED:
The employee must be knowledgeable of and able to use building maintenance, safety, and lawn
equipment as required.
For more information or to apply for any of the employment opportunities, please contact our Office Assistant, Lisa Stiers by email, with your Letter of Interest and Resumé.